Walking In The Light of God
Here is your Daily Devotional Prayer for November 3, 2016 brought to you by The Plough
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
Lord our God, rule over us in strength, and grant us your light. Let your Spirit be with us to confirm what has already taken place in our hearts, so that we have joy and trust even under all the strain and stress of this life. Shine into the darkness of the world. Shine for all people. May we be shown more and more clearly what we have been created for. Strengthen our faith for the future, our faith in everything good, for however hidden the good may be, it must at last come to the light. May we and all the world bring praise and honor to you. Amen.
Daily Commentary: Our relationship with God must be in His light so that we may see the pathway He has made for us. If we walk in darkness, we cannot see those things He has given us to live the Christian life. All our hopes, dreams and desires should be out in the light so that God may purify our actions.
This walk we have, is a walk of obedience. So how to walk in the light of God?
- Keep our hearts open to His calling – Too often we close our hearts when we don’t feel like doing something but this is where we get in trouble. God is always calling but we don’t open ourselves to the call.
- Resist temptation – This may be the hardest thing to do but as we walk towards Jesus, we need to see the bigger picture. Ask yourself this: “Will doing this bring me closer to Jesus or push me further back?” Once you can honestly answer this, temptation will have no hold on you.
- Continue to pray – How is your prayer life? Are you actively seeking God in your daily activities or do you shut Him out until it’s time to pray before you sleep? What would a walk with God be like if we never talked to Him during the walk? He wants to hear from you but He also wants you to listen as well. Balance in your prayer life helps you walk more closely with Jesus.
Our walking in the light can be fraught with many obstacles but maturing into the type of people God wants us to be takes time and patience. Continue towards the light at all times and find that point where Jesus is and make that your pathway to righteousness.
Want to know how to walk in the light of God?
You can find it in my #1 bestselling book on Amazon.com entitled “Summoned To Love – A Spiritual Blueprint For Rediscovering Inner Peace, Unconditional Love, And True Happiness.”
Do You Want Lasting Happiness
Without Worrying About All Of Life's Problems?
Latest posts by Barry Ferguson (see all)
- Mind Hacking: How To Maximize Your Brain Power For Peak Performance - August 3, 2017
- How To Unleash Your Full Potential To The World - July 23, 2017
- Are Limiting Beliefs Stopping You From Enjoying Real Success? - July 22, 2017