What Is Mind Hacking And How Does It Increase Your Brain Power?
“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.”’
Imagine this: You work incredibly hard for months and months to get a promotion and suddenly, you’re passed over for someone else who doesn’t have nearly the qualifications you have. What do you do?
If you’re like most people , you get mad and pretty bummed out then just accept the inevitable without even questioning what you must do to increase your personal growth. You end up being part of the collective like the Borg in Star Trek Voyager while kissing the asses of those above you.
But what does all of this do for you? What do you get out of your past hard work?
This is where mind hacking comes into play. Yes, it seems this word is steeped in ancient mysticism and is well off the beaten path but what would you give to increase your brain power and finally reach your full potential God has offered you since birth?
Most of us underestimate the real truths in life. We believe most of what we hear and then allow it to be drilled into us everyday like clockwork until we’re more like robots than individuals. In fact, in the new millennium, society has almost made it a crime to become a true individual if it doesn’t help the collective to better itself.
Throughout the ages, great people have bucked the system to become world famous for their inventions, their business acumen, as well as their intellect. Incredible individuals such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Steve Jobs, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and Michelangelo were the epitome of learned individuals but they went one step further than most of us do. They decided to focus on improving their brain power which, in turn, would lead to breakthroughs in all areas of their lives.
Every day, the world is changing through the power of technology and it is leaving many confused and alienated. Technology helps us overcome many of life’s biggest obstacles but it comes at a price: a price few are willing to pay. That price is running roughshod over faith and it causing the world to lose hope and it’s ability to think for itself.
This is where mind hacking comes into play. This is how improving your brain capacity can set you on a course for greater success and happiness in a world that has made technology our new God and master.
3 Myths To Improving Your Brain Power Capacity
“Life is a series of problem-solving opportunities. The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you depending on how you respond to them.”
Improving our brain power capacity is not about hooking our brains up to a computer and downloading knowledge. Knowledge is only as good as the person who uses it. The brain has the capacity to learn so much more than we give it credit for but it cannot happen unless we are both open to it and can put it to good use.
What good is knowledge if we use it for hate and allow it to control others? Those great learned men and women of the past knew this and used their great intellect to push mankind further into the future. Today, knowledge is not king but what we do with it can have an incredibly positive effect on the lives of millions and millions of people who drastically need it.
So, how do you go about improving your brain capacity and putting all that knowledge to work?
First off, let’s get the 3 great myths out of the way so we can focus on improving your capacity to learn and retain that knowledge.
- We Only Use 10% Of Our Brain Power – This is a myth that has harmed our ability to function. According to neurologist Barry Gordon at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, “This myth stems from people’s conceptions about their own brains: they see their own shortcomings as evidence of the existence of untapped gray matter.” He goes on to say, “Ultimately, it’s not that we use 10 percent of our brains, merely that we only understand about 10 percent of how it functions.”
- Your Personality Determines Whether You Are Right or Left-Brain Dominant – The two sides of your brain must work together to process your thoughts. They compliment one another to help us to speak, to learn, to do physical movements as well as control our both our emotional and creative endeavors. Even though we have specialized brain regions, they must all work together for the brain to function.
- Being a Male Or Female Is What Dictates Learning Abilities – According to Devin M. Demaske, in his thesis entitled, “The Differences Between How Boys and Girls Learn and the Benefits of Single Gender Schools”, he tells us that both biological, emotional and social factors decide who learns what and how much. He goes on to say, “The three forces at work in shaping the brain are nature, nurture, and culture. Boys possess energy where they prefer to move around. They tend to be more impulsive and also learn by trial and error. They make connections through the movement. Girls, on the average, have a 25% larger corpus callosum, which allows them a greater ability to multitask. Girls are also more auditory, while boys are more tactile. The female brain also does not rest like the male brain does. From birth, girls use more eye contact and boys use more physical aggression. These differences are innate, and as a society we have changed the system to help girls, but in reality the boys might need some help.”
These myths show how much we limit learning as the most important weapon in our arsenal as humans.
How To Increase Your Brain Power Capacity
“Striving for success without hard work is like trying to harvest where you haven’t planted.”
We all know that the brain is a muscle and needs to be exercised regularly but how many of us do it the right way to get the most out of our workout?
No matter what the age, we can all learn something new each day. The new buzz word today is neuroplasticity which is the brain’s innate ability to change and reorganize itself and its functions by creating new neural connections. This means the brain subtly changes shape to create a new chain of neurons.
What does this mean for you?
It means you can take full advantage of hacking your mind and improving your brain power. According to Keith Hillman, in his article dated April 20 2016, entitled, “How Does Neuroplasticity Work?”, he explains how neuroplasticity works: “Over time, if we don’t use those particular neural pathways then they will atrophy to the point where they are no longer going to fire accidentally. On the other hand, if we repeatedly practice a new task it will more and more begin to become ‘second nature’. Eventually this can lead to whole areas of the brain being physically larger and heavier than others.”
In essence, you want a heavier brain. Why? Just as in lifting weights in a controlled atmosphere, you will build larger and heavier muscle and so it is with the brain. The idea of mastering one thing at the expense of others takes a big turn for the better. You can now learn and master many things over a specific time period because you are exercising the brain and helping it to build new neural connections which can stimulate the brain’s capacity for more power. This is an exciting way to build new skills that we thought we couldn’t accomplish before.
Let’s go over 5 ways you can use neuroplasticity to improve brain function and increase brain power.
- Experience New Things – How boring would life be if we didn’t experiment and try and learn new things? If you spent your whole life within a ten mile radius of your home, you’d never know what life and people were like outside of your safe environment. If you haven’t flown on an airplane, go on a vacation and experience what it’s like to fly. If you haven’t learned to cook, have fun experiencing cooking by taking classes that bring new people and new adventures into your life.
- Be Curious – Curiosity doesn’t kill the cat, it helps the cat understand and learn new things. This is what you want. Instead of doing the same old things the same old way, try different approaches and seek out new ways to live. Sometimes they are better and sometimes not but tit’s the idea of being curious that helps us to learn new ways of doing things. Here’s a great example, my grandfather worked on cars for over 70 years of his life and knew everything there was to know about the older cars before electronics took over but that didn’t stop him. He constantly learned new things and new ways to do things so that when a problem came up, he knew he could overcome it.
- Build Strong Human Connections – The old saying, “No man is an island” is so true in this case. The more connections or bonds you build with other th people the stronger your neural connections will be. Remember, you can learn so much from others in how they do things, how they speak, their life’s adventures, the people they can connect with you. Happiness goes hand in hand with improved brain power. According to Christopher Bergland, from his January 21, 2014 article entitled, “What Is the Best Way to Improve Your Brain Power for Life?” he states, “People working, volunteering and maintaining close-knit human bonds are 24 percent more likely to maintain cognitive function in late life.”
- Start Meditating – Meditation has been proven to aid in cognitive brain function by reducing stress levels, preventing age-related disorders such as Alzheimer’s or dementia, as well as helping you focus your attention on matters at hand. Meditation also boosts your Alpha brainwaves, which is the perfect state for learning but more importantly, it stimulates learning in both the Hippocampus and frontal lobe, which are used for memory storage and recall. The better you can be in the zone while meditating, the better you will build brain power.
- Develop your intuition – Our brains have this ability to pick up on life’s patterns and respond to them in the form of insights that can sense what is really going on in our lives. According to the researchers at the Centre for Organisational Strategy, Learning and Change at Leeds University Business School, “Intuition is the result of the way our brains store, process and retrieve information on a subconscious level and so is a real psychological phenomenon which needs further study to help us harness its potential.” This is important to understand as this retrieval of information comes from the subconscious level which picks up on things we don’t normally sense. This is why you need to increase your brain power to better serve your intuition.
How To Stop Mind Games From Destroying Your Brain’s Peak Performance
“Success is not measured by what a man accomplished, but by the opposition he has encountered and the courage with which he has maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.”
We all face the daily dilemma of the mind games that continually play in our heads. Those pesky little voices that tells us what we should or shouldn’t be doing or that we’re not good enough but you can overcome them. How? By starting a campaign to empower your mind to stop allowing your fears to build walls around you and get your habits in line with your values.
Peace of mind can only come when you give yourself the chance to stop controlling and manipulating all the data that comes into your head. Everyone plays those mind games with each other and we’re never better off for doing it.
We give excuses as to why we fail, why we can’t go on and face the challenges in life as well as reaching our goals. These excuses are like a security blanket that never help us obtain our chance at peak performance.
How many times have you dreamed of doing something crazy or had a goal in life but you never actually pushed yourself to do it? It stays in your head for years reminding you of what you could be… what your life might look like and you suffer from guilt and regret.
Here’s 4 Ways to stop the mind games completely and allow yourself to increase your brain power and the power you have to improve your life.
- Stop Sabotaging Yourself – We all do it to some degree but the more you allow yourself to listen to the lies you tell yourself,he more obstacles you will have to face and you will never see the light of day. Power comes from action not lack of will. Your fears will come crumbling down when you take the knowledge you’ve acquired and put in into swift and meaningful action.
- Stop Blaming Yourself For Everything That Happens To You – Blame is a funny word. You either take the blame or put it on others. There never seems to be a middle ground but that’s the fool talking. The consequences of our actions can lead to taking blame but there’s more to it than that. Everyone involved has a hand in what happens to you. If things go wrong, it’s all part of free will. You can’t control every person or situation. That is why you need to learn how to improve your thoughts and seek out the truth in all situations. Sometimes the truth hurts but most of the time, the truth lies in the middle of the mess that’s lying in your lap.
- Stop Putting Yourself Down – The more you bring negativity into your life the less you will be able to improve the quality of what you learn. Too often, we’re right in the middle of making a huge breakthrough in life and we let our insecurities determine what happens next. It always stops us from taking the next step in life and that’s the problem. Without the next logical step, we remain the same. No growth… no improvement… and no happiness. We end up stuck in a rut where we continue to put ourselves down and blame ourselves for ever blunder, ever bad thing that has ever happened. Unfortunately, we forget all the good things we have done, for both ourselves and others, and wallow in self pity. The day you put your big-boy pants on and take concerted action and give yourself a break is the day when you start breeding success in life.
- Playing Games Mean No Commitment To Anything – You must commit to something in life so you must stop playing mind games with yourself and grow up. Hiding behind
How To Reprogram The Brain’s Capacity For Mindfulness
“Success often comes to those who dare to act. It seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences.”
You’ve come this far and now it’s time to reprogram the brain for mindfulness. Without mindfulness, everything else won’t work. You need to understand how and why mindfulness makes everything possible.
What is mindfulness? Mindfulness is the act of being in the moment and knowing what you are doing, what you are thinking, and how you are acting. It is being present in what you do and seeing it to it’s logical conclusion.
How does this affect your capacity to learn?
- Changing Your Thought Patterns – You are what you think so the more positive your thoughts are, the more powerful they become. Thoughts are energy and they have incredible power. This is why hacking the brain is so important. Start monitoring your thoughts while being present in the moment. Define what you think about and then create a space between your thoughts and actions so that you have room to edit and grow.
- Choose How You React To Life – The better your response to stimulation around you, the more power you have in controlling what you do. Mindfulness is all about power and strength of both actions and character.
- Change Your Habits – Those habits that do you no good must be changed or adapted. learning to break your bad habits give you strength and confidence to become the person you were meant to be. Hacking the brain entails many more things than just knowledge. It means changing and growing from an emotional and spiritual point of view through personal growth and development.
- Challenge Yourself – Nothing happens unless we challenge ourselves and take action. Increasing our brain power takes commitment on your part, strength to follow it through and realizing you have the power to be anything you want.
- Believe In Yourself – It’s time to take a cue from the great men and women of the past and believe in yourself. Believe in the power that’s within you. Yes, you may fail at times but failure is not bad. It’s a way to learn and grow. You have the capacity for greatness but you must believe it first or you will always fall short.
Take it from me, until I learned how to quiet the mind and live through mindfulness, I was your typical loser. I never got to the place I envisioned myself attaining until I learned how to hack my own mind and realize the full potential of my intellect.
I’m not the smartest person in the world but I believe in myself and my gifts. That, along with maximizing my brain power, has carried me further than I ever believed I could accomplish and allowed me to taste fruits of my labor. It feels so good to know I am a best-selling author. I’m not telling you this to brag but letting you know what is possible. And shouldn’t the possibilities of life be your impetus to increase your brain function and live the life you want?
I know it has been for me!