How To Change Your Life Right This Second
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
You are today what you have thought about in the past. If you are not happy with what you are today, you can change that starting right now.
You have created “you” based on your past thinking. You can create a new you in the future starting now on what you think starting right now.
Here is the 7-Point program to start you on your new you:
1) Recognize when you get negative – How do you recognize when you get negative? You get this feeling of uncomfortableness. When you are uncomfortable then you know you are getting negative. At that point recognize it, discover its source and dissipate the negativity until you feel comfortable once again, then you know you have dissipated the negativity.
2) Use affirmations – They work. People have cured the worst diseases with affirmations. (Examples – “I am happy”, “I am healthy”, “I am strong”). Repeat your affirmations all day long in your spare time and especially before you go to sleep. When you repeat them enough, it goes into your subconscious mind and becomes part of you.
3) Laugh and be happy – Laughing reduces your blood pressure and your pulse. It calms you down. Norman Cousins healed himself of cancer by going to comedy movies and reading joke books. It creates a harmonious environment within your body that cancer cells and other diseases and viruses cannot survive in. It apparently builds up the immune system in the body to fight all diseases. So laugh a lot . Go to places and be with people that make you laugh.
4) Forgiveness – You must forgive people you do not like and you have problems with. In the “Course In Miracles”, it says that “All diseases come from a state of unforgiveness and that whenever we are ill, we need to look around to see who it is that we need to forgive.”
How do we forgive people? First, visualize the person you want to forgive in your minds eye. Then visualize you forgiving and loving them. Do this for seven days in a row three times per day. At the end of seven days, contact this person and do it in person. Don’t be afraid. They will be very receptive to you. When you used your visualizations , in effect, your higher self has already contacted the other person’s higher self and the approval for forgiveness is already there. That’s why there is receptivity. Try it, it works!
5) Serve – You are truly your brother’s keeper. By serving and helping others, with the right motive of course, and not expecting anything back in return, you in turn will be helped yourself. It is better to give than to receive. When you give, you feel good. Feeling good when you give is no accident. Your higher self knows that it is right. Cast your bread upon the waters and it will come back as sandwiches.
6) Go with the flow – Do go up a down stream. It’s too tough and you can never rest. Don’t try to control your life. All you can do is guide your life and go with the flow and steer your course through those rocks while you go down stream. Those rocks, these obstacles, have your name on it. It is necessary to overcome these obstacles to get where you are meant to be, wherever that may be.
7) Reflection – We are all mirrors of each other, We see ourselves in everybody. When we meet somebody we do not like it is our own reflection. What is it in you that you recognize in somebody else? You only recognize qualities whether good or bad in other people because you have those qualities or have had those qualities. So analyze this and help discover yourself,
Become aware of the 7-Point program everyday and you can begin to change your life starting right now.
Today is the beginning of the rest of your life.
Take one day at a time and live life to the fullest.
Remember, there is no past (it is gone) and there is no future (it is not here yet), there is only now. The point of power is in the now. Only now exists.
Commentary: This article is reprinted by permission from a speech made by Dr. Arthur Levine on November 29, 1987. Dr. Levine was basically the doctor who save my life after my near-fatal car accident in September of 2014.
Most of us are unwilling to take the steps to really change our lives. We want everything to come to us instead of taking positive action and allowing the universe to help us in our quest to become better human beings. The world is made up of pure energy that is waiting for us to access it and bring us all in balance.
Our hearts contain everything we need to live a fruitful and loving life. These 7 points of power that Dr. levine has outlined gives you the power to change your life and be happy. Go ahead and use it to become the person you’ve always wanted to be.