What Is Spiritual Awakening
Spiritual awakening is the realization that there is a true nature beyond the person we see in the mirror. It combines awareness with consciousness training. The soul is infinite and to reach our vast potential we must open our hearts and minds to the experiences the world has to offer.
The world is changing all the time and many of us are becoming more conscious of living a life closer to God. We look at the way things are and realize things need to change for the better. The new ways don’t work… we need to get back to a simpler time when God was truly the center of life. Now is the best time in history to have a spiritual awakening.
Why is that?
Christianity has flourished for well over 2000 years and we have this vast knowledge of information and spiritual encounters from others to learn from. God has given us the Holy Bible to instill in us His holy truths that help awaken the spirit within.
No matter what your religious beliefs, spiritual awakening can and will bring you closer to God. Once this awakening happens nothing can stop the overwhelming joy that you will experience nor can anyone take away the sacred experience that shapes your inner beliefs.
The 4 Stages Of Spiritual Awakening
There are four stages of spiritual awakening that each person goes through on their journey towards God.
- Transient – This is the temporary feeling or high you receive when you first start your journey. Though it may be brief, it leaves an indelible mark on your psyche. You feel as if you have left your body and your spirit is flying happening outside of both space and time.
- Ineffable – At this point, you are in total awe and are left speechless. You don’t quite know what to say or how to say it but the feeling has been ingrained in your heart. You are ready to move on to the next step with a trust in a higher power.
- Noetic – You now have been given knowledge that has previously been hidden from your level of knowledge. This powerful knowledge is your pathway to a deeper spiritual connection with the Father in heaven and with your fellow human beings. This knowledge opens up a world of possibilities that inspire you to go beyond what you can see and hear and visit the realm of truth and love.
- Passive/Aggressive –There are two pathways you can travel and most people use a combination of the two. In passive stage, you allow the awakening to come through deep meditation and prayer. This part of the stage is all about allowing the presence of God to come to you and fill you up with his unconditional love. In the aggressive stage, you physically go on a spiritual quest to learn more, either by reading, studying under a teacher or master, and/or becoming part of the religious community by joining the ranks of the religious as a lay person, priest or pastor, or serving in a monastery, convent, or religious organization.
Each of these stages helps us attain some form of enlightenment as we go through the awakening process.
How Does Spiritual Awakening Change Us?
Spiritual awakening changes us from the inside out. It gives us hope for a life filled with peace and allows us to embrace infinite freedom and the profound mystery of life itself. It is also a deep-rooted feeling that fills us with a joy that cannot be expressed but felt by the person experiencing.
Here is a list of the changes you can expect when the spirit awakens itself to the wonders of God:
- Awareness of Change – It is not about the change itself but what “Has” changed! Whatever the change is , where you take it is up to you but beware… your path will be laden with booby-traps. What has changed will make you a better person and a better at handling life. This change will make you a new person in Christ. It deepens how you see things.
- The Authentic You Comes into Light – Where is the real you hiding? Are you afraid to open your heart and be the real you? Most of the world is superficial in nature and the quest for authenticity and simplicity doesn’t come from following the masses but by following your spirit/soul.
- You Become More Compassionate – Those that live with compassion see both the suffering and the beauty in the world and can appreciate both with a calm spirit and a loving heart. It helps us to become a more responsible and stronger person. We see things from God’s point of view and the important things is, we take action and use our talents for the good of humanity.
- Heighten Sensitivity To Life – The more you develop your physical senses such as sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell the more your spiritual senses become heightened. You become a more intuitive person, your emotions become sharpened as a result and things such as your imagination, consciousness and inspiration fall into your life’s purpose. These senses light your way down the pathway towards God and allow you to connect with the Holy Spirit in such a way as to find and experience incredible the incredible love God has for us.
- Increased Energy – Not just physical but mental and spiritual as well. Things we used to believe as just mere coincidence we now realize are being orchestrated through a higher vibrational state. Things fall into place as we increase our life force. As we become one with the universe, we find we don’t need to ask for things… they naturally come to us as needed.
- Better Connections – When you fill your heart and soul with God, love and care become the real reason for our existence. We do things out of love and for love without asking for anything in return. Gratification comes from the work we do not the promise of a reward for the work. As we grow in spirit and love, we become more interconnected with life itself from humanity to nature itself.
- Happiness Is A State Of Being – Happiness is not something we hope to attain but experience from minute to minute. We revel in it and allow the joy to permeate our entire being. Things of the world no longer upset us and we know everything comes from God and He is the master of all things. Our happiness flows through us and we choose to be happy no matter what.
How To Awaken The Spirit Within
Spiritual awakening cannot happen unless you understand what needs to be done to awaken the spirit within you. It just doesn’t happen one day and you are now an enlightened being. Instead awareness comes from searching your heart for what is missing and allowing God to bring you closer to Him. It cannot be forced. It must happen naturally.
It is the breaking of old beliefs and coming into line with the belief system God has entrusted to us through His son Jesus Christ. It is not a mystical place we can go and decide we’re there. It takes time, patience and honesty. We need to open our hearts to God’s word and allow it to move us in such a way that we take positive action to become spirits of truth. The truth has been hidden but through God’s revelations, it has been revealed to you at the right time in your life.
For some people it comes quicker than others. We must allow it to happen. We cannot force it as it loses its authenticity to us. Spiritual encounters become our way to communicate with God Himself in a way that expands our horizons.
When we awaken the spirit within us, our resistance melts away and we are drawn to the essence of love by the Father. We are not defined by our body or what we have learned so far. We are always in a learning mode. It is through this mode we work to attain enlightenment with the creator.
Finally, the spirit is willing but the flesh must follow through. Talk must cease and action must begin. No where in the world can we find a more sacred experience than by communicating through prayer and supplication. Submit yourself to the greater good of yourself and you will understand why spiritual awakening happens.
Want to know how you can experience a spiritual awakening in your own life?
You can find it in my #1 bestselling book on Amazon.com entitled “Summoned To Love – A Spiritual Blueprint For Rediscovering Inner Peace, Unconditional Love, And True Happiness.”